Friday, September 19, 2008

The Simplest Strategy

Strategy can be simple - Strategy is simple.

The simplest strategy is just to listen to the customers, find out what you're doing wrong and come Monday morning you just stop doing dumb things. Listen to the people on the front line to hear what is wrong and then stop it (they tend to know much better than you do).

Strategy doesn’t always have to be over-thought. I stole these ideas over a lunch discussion from Clark Kokich of Avenue A / RazorFish in a conversation last week and I found them to be so simple and brilliant. rather than pretend these were my ideas, I wanted to give him credit. I never had the pleasure of meeting him before, but he is a very smart man and I can see why he has been so successful over the years.

I love simple ideas. Keep 'em coming!

No comments: